2016-2017 Fiscal Year Annual Report, dated SEPTEMBER 24, 2018
It is an honor to once again thank you for your generous support of our 12th annual GAA golf outing! From the bottom of our hearts, we THANK YOU! Your giving today directly supports people with autism. I hope that everyone has a really fun day today and a wonderful evening enjoying this very special and important event. 100% of net proceeds from your contributions are used directly to further our mission; “MONEY RAISED HERE, STAYS HERE.”
This past year was fun and very productive! Through our formalized GAA Grant program, we funded teacher training, iPads, educational materials, and general donations to local schools and special needs organizations. We supported local student social groups Liner Buddies and Junior Ambassadors. We supported Autism New Jersey advocacy with legislators in Trenton. Along with Branching Out Foundation, we led local autism support group and events for parents providing monthly meetings, literature, grants, camaraderie, and recreation. Thanks to YOU, we’ve granted a total of over $900,000 in the past decade!
Autism remains a national and state health crisis, the prevalence statistics are even higher, and autism is the second most common developmental disorder in the United States. Our work strives to improve the lives of people affected by autism; to reach beyond the confines of autism and change attitudes that have traditionally created barriers for people with autism.
Thanks to your overwhelming generosity at last year’s golf outing, we were able to grant ~$128,000!!
* $60,000 Autism NJ: Autism NJ diligently works and advocates improving the lives of people with autism. ANJ provides information, advocacy, consultation, services, family and professional education, and works to enhance public awareness
* $25,000 GAA Community Grants Program: to autism programs and local families in need, incl. iPad grants, advocates, family respite & emergency assistance, Abilities NWNJ adult programs, and Parents Of Autistic Children (POAC)
* $11,000 Phillipsburg School District (PSD): Donations to our local school district used to fund training, technology support, iPads, educational materials, autism awareness programs, classroom equipment, and Liner Buddies clubs for social inclusion
* $8,000 Warren County Autism Support Group: Funded monthly family support group, training, books, & recreation events
* $6,000 NJ Daredevils: NJ Daredevils is a special needs ice hockey program that provides recreation possibilities to over 50 children with disabilities, supported by 10 coaches and 50 student mentors on the ice: “Hockey Is For EVERYONE”
* $5,500 Phillipsburg High School Scholarships: Two $2,000 and one $1,500 scholarships awarded locally at the high school level to sponsor special needs students who want to further their post-secondary education
* $5,000 Greenwich Township Board of Education: Funded teacher training, technology support, sensory integration equipment, grade school Junior Autism Ambassador Club, and local autism awareness fundraising & events
* $4,000 Branching Out Foundation: Supported Branching Out Foundation annual local Sensitive Santa, co-founded NW NJ area autism support group, provided grants for BOF recreation events, and family picnic
* $2,000 Riding With Heart: Grant for therapeutic riding center providing Hippotherapy & special needs horseback therapies
* $2,000 Ability2Work: Support for local Grateful Bites bakery employing differently abled adults to work, grow, and thrive
Again, on behalf of everyone helping today and supporting Greenwich Autism Alliance, THANK YOU!
The Greenwich Autism Alliance (GAA) is a 501( c )(3) tax exempt foundation and as such donations are fully tax deductible under section 170 of the code. GAA EIN is 26-0192605, and 501 ( c )(3) tax exempt documentation will gladly be furnished upon request.
©2010 Greenwich Autism Alliance Foundation. All Rights Reserved.